Affordable Swimming Pool Plastering Services
Pool Plastering & Replastering in Palm Springs
Pool Re plastering Palm Springs – Your pool is a wonderful place where family and friends enjoy spending time with each other. The amount of time and energy you have spent over the years to live your dream should not go to waste. After nearly a decade, the walls and floor of your pool have become a bit rough, tiles have chipped or fallen off, and you begin to notice stains on the cement that refuse to come off, no matter what you do. Exposure to the elements have taken their toll on your pool and it’s time to do something about it. Learn more about pool replastering below.
Pool Replastering Palm Springs and its Importance
Pool owners primarily choose to replaster their pools because it can last as long as 20 years. While many opt to simply repaint their pools, pool paint may last as long as seven years, but in most cases pool repainting must be done every year. While replastering is a bit more expensive, it’s much cheaper in the long run.
Some pool owners choose simply to patch areas that are cracked or have other damage, but this is a temporary fix that won’t last long. The deterioration of the plaster will cause parts that you patch to be obvious. A high-quality plaster finish that is correctly applied to a pool, can develop problems over the years. After a few months after your pool is new, stains can appear, or they can appear a few years afterwards. If you ignore the little issues that occur over the years it can lead to bigger, more costly problems.
The Warning Signs of Severe Pool Plastering Deterioration
Pool Replastering Palm Springs – There are many early warning signs that you need to take notice of that may indicate a serious issue with your pool. Something that just doesn’t look right can turn out to be a big problem. You need to call Palm Springs Replastering for a free on-site consultation:
● How Old Is Your Pool? – The age of your pool is a good indicator for whether you need replastering. If it’s over ten years old and you are noticing warning signs such as stains, fine cracks and roughness, it’s time for Palm Springs Replastering to fix it for you.
● Spalling – Have you noticed the plaster is peeling along the steps or floor of your pool? This is technically known as spalling. Constant low PH pool water or low calcium levels can cause this problem.
● Roughness – When your pool was brand new, remember how silky smooth the plaster felt? Go out and feel it now. If it is feeling more like sandpaper, then you have got a major problem. This is caused by chemical etching from your pool treatments. It is unavoidable and that’s why you need to have your pool replastered about once every ten years.
● Stains – A stain will stick to the plaster surface much like dirt sticks to a windshield. You can clean a stain with an acid wash, but chances are that won’t do the trick. Mineral stains, rust stains, or any other discoloration is a bad sign and bad news. If the pool is severely stained, you may need to continue with a replaster for your pool surface.
● Exposed Rebar or Gunite – Bare patches can develop over the years exposing rebar, gunite or other components that are not supposed to be exposed to the harsh conditions of the treated water. Left to its own devices, rusting rebar will rust your whole pool. Even if it’s only a small rust stain from the rebar, underneath it could be a much more serious problem. The substrate layers of your pool are not intended to be exposed to treated pool water. If you have anything exposed in these layers in your pool you need to call us NOW.
● General Deteriorated Appearance – This is caused from the water penetrating through the cement surface and causing delamination between the pools’ concrete structure and the current surface in the pool. This normally occurs over a long period of time or if the barrier surface has been poorly applied. These areas have to be removed, the concrete prepped and smoothed out before we commence the resurfacing procedure.
If you are experiencing any of these warning signs, it is imperative that you contact us immediately to determine the extent of the damage your pool is being subjected to. While these are only the major signs, these are the worst case scenario of all the issues a pool can experience. But rest assured, we can solve any problem you are experiencing.
If you are located within Palm Spring or any of the surrounding area, give us a call today, and we will arrange a free on-site consultation and make an assessment of the materials and time it will take to complete your project. Then we will prepare a no obligation estimate on the spot. If you are searching in Google for experts then here we are!
You Have Many Options To Choose From For the Replastering of Your Pool!
Pool Replastering Palm Springs – The plaster coating of your pool is designed to protect the pool shell from the elements, like UV rays and the chemistry of the water. But we have much more to offer than just plaster. There are many other coatings available which are more durable and decorative than plaster could ever be
Out of all the clients we serve in the Palm Springs area, we are met with a whole spectrum of requests for the resurfacing of their pools. You can always choose standard plaster, but why limit your dream? Here’re some options we offer:
● Standard Plaster – Plaster has been the standard pool surface option since the 1960s. It is mostly painted a light blue color to make the water in the pool look appealing and clean. The surface is hard, but it is also relatively porous. Because of that fact, will stain faster than other surfaces. Increased maintenance may also be necessary if you want the plaster to last for several years. Plaster can last between 12 and 14 years with proper care.
● Pebble Finishes – Pebble pool surfaces are low maintenance. When you are seeking to resurface your pool, it’s a smart choice. If you don’t want a pool that doesn’t easily stain, a pebble pool surface is a good choice. Pebble pool surfaces are stain-resistant and very long-lasting. These surfaces have a non-slip surface that is easier to clean than plaster, and they require cleaning less often than plaster surfaces.
● Pebble Fina – This is a blend of silica stone and cement. It incorporates the ancient Greek and Roman use of pozzolans (cement additives) into the cement mix, yielding a strong, durable finish that resists etching.
● Hydrazzo – This is considered by most the best surface available. It is a smooth polished marble is as durable as the other aggregate surfaces, is soft, smooth and comes in a myriad of vibrant colors. It is considered to have the smoothest of all surfaces and it is strong, durable and long-lasting
● Quartz-and-Plaster Finishes – Finishes such as Diamond Brite are known as quartz and plaster aggregates. These allow homeowners to achieve dramatic effects and natural lagoon appearances. The aggregates are a mixture of quartz and plaster and result in a slightly textured finish. The appearance of aggregates is achieved by mixing the colored quartz stone with enhanced plaster, applying this mixture to the surface of the pool, and then removing the outer layer to uncover the pieces of stone. Aggregates last longer than plaster, and some aggregate products actually reduce or prevent staining.
● Custom Designs and Colors – We often combine two or more finishes together to create a synergistic effect that is much more pleasing to the eye than just one of the materials used on its own. We can combine a whole array of materials of different colors, creating a unique experience that you will enjoy for many years.
Palm Springs Pool Resurfacing is the leader in pool resurfacing technology, and we are eager to prove it to you. Whether you need tile repairs, pool resurfacing, pool deck sealing and resurfacing, or repair and refinishing of your fiberglass pool, there’s no need to look any further.
If you are located within Palm Spring or any of the surrounding area, give us a call today, and we will arrange a free on-site consultation and make an assessment of the materials and time it will take to complete your project. Then we will prepare a no obligation estimate on the spot.
GET A GUARANTEED CALL BACK FROM THE OWNER
Call Us For A Free On-Site Estimate